Pumpkin and sage baked gnocchi
Just when you thought pasta bakes couldn’t get any better, this easy recipe for pumpkin and sage gnocchi comes along.
- 750g store-bought potato gnocchi
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 16 sage leaves
- 750g Queensland blue or Jap pumpkin, cut into 5mm-thick slices
- 2 egg yolks
- 600ml pure (thin) cream
- 1/2 tsp finely grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup (75g) coarsely grated mozzarella
- 100g blue cheese, crumbled
- Roasted chopped hazelnuts, to serve
- 1.Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 32cm round 3.75L (15-cup) baking dish.
- 2.Cook gnocchi according to packet instructions, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- 3.Toss pumpkin and remaining 1 tbs oil in a bowl. Combine with gnocchi, egg yolks, cream, nutmeg, 1/2 cup (50g) mozzarella, half the sage and half the blue cheese. Spoon into prepared dish and top with remaining 1/4 cup (25g) mozzarella.
- 4.Bake for 45-50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender.
- 5.Meanwhile, heat 1/4 cup (60ml) oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Add the remaining sage and cook for 1 minute or until crisp and bright. Remove using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel, reserving oil.
- 6.Top with nuts, fried sage and remaining 50g blue cheese.
- 7.Drizzle with reserved sage oil to serve.