Creamy Tuscan Shrimp is a delicious one-pan 30-minute restaurant-quality meal that is sure to become one of the family favorites! This quick and easy dinner features spinach, artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, and garlic. It’s low-carb, high in protein, and gluten-free. The recipe can also be easily adjusted to be dairy-free.
Course Main Course
Prep Time 15minutes minutes
Cook Time 15minutes minutes
Total Time 30minutes minutes
Servings 4 people
- 1 lb raw shrimp (large, peeled, and deveined – 16 or 20 count per 1 pound of shrimp)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning (thyme, basil, oregano, rosemary)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper coarse
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Creamy Tuscan sauce
- 4 oz sun-dried tomatoes chopped (about ¼ cup)
- 14 oz artichoke hearts drained and chopped (1 can or about 1 cup)
- 4 oz fresh spinach
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt to taste
How to sear the shrimp
- This recipe uses 1 lb of large raw shrimp (peeled and deveined) which usually means 16 or 20 count. Season the shrimp with smoked paprika, Italian seasoning, salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil on medium-high heat in a large skillet until hot. Add shrimp and minced garlic, and cook for about 2 minutes per side.
- Make sure the shrimp are not overcrowded to avoid steaming. You might have to work in batches. Remove from heat. Remove shrimp to a plate.
How to make Tuscan sauce
- To the same, now empty, skillet, add chopped sun-dried tomatoes, and chopped artichokes. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute on medium heat.
- Add fresh spinach. Cook until the spinach wilts, for a couple of minutes, on medium heat.
- To the skillet with sautéed vegetables, add 1 cup of heavy cream and paprika. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt, if needed. Add more paprika, if you like.
- Add seared shrimp to the skillet with the cream sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over the shrimp, and simmer for about 2 minutes (or more), until the shrimp is warmed up and completely cooked through.
- Season with salt, if needed.