Refreshing and light watermelon gazpacho is a perfect vegan and raw summer soup. This easy recipe only takes 15 minutes to make!
How to Make Watermelon Gazpacho
The process of making the watermelon gazpacho couldn’t be easier. You just roughly chop everything and blend. Done! The ingredients include watermelon (remove the seeds first if it’s not seedless), tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, bread for the thicker consistency, white wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, fresh basil and lime juice. Serve it with grilled slices of ciabatta. It tastes great if you eat it immediately, but it’s also possible to make it at least a day ahead.
Keyword: fruit gazpacho, watermelon gazpacho, watermelon soup
Prep Time: 5minutes minutes
Cook Time: 10minutes minutes
Total Time: 15minutes minutes
Servings: 6 servings
Author: Elena Szeliga
- 6 slices ciabatta bread
- 400 grams or 0.9 lbs tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper seeds removed
- 1/2 big cucumber peeled
- 600 grams or 1.3 lbs watermelon seeds removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves + more to garnish
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoon tablespoons extra virgin olive oil + 1for grilled ciabatta
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- WATERMELON GAZPACHO: Roughly chop all the solid ingredients (keeping 4 slices of ciabatta bread) and transfer them to a food processor or blender. Add lime juice, white wine vinegar and 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil. Blend until smooth and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Garnish with basil leaves.
- GRILLED CIABATTA: Heat a grill or a griddle pan to medium high heat. Drizzle 4 ciabatta slices with the remaining olive oil and season with salt and black pepper. Grill for 2 minutes each side. Serve with watermelon gazpacho. Enjoy!
Store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Serve chilled.
Calories: 179kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 143mg | Potassium: 345mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1815IU | Vitamin C: 43.9mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 0.6mg