Mini Pumpkin Cheese Balls
These Mini Pumpkin Cheese Balls just might be the perfect appetizer for all of your fall and Halloween gatherings. Not only are they adorable, but they are quite delicious too!
Prep Time 45minutes minutes
Total Time 45minutes minutes
- mixing bowls
- box grater
- wooden spoon
- 1 tablespoon cookie scoop
- appetizer plates
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- 2 packages (16 ounces total) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped roasted red peppers drained and patted dry
- 3 green onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos paprika, and/or black sesame seeds*
- 20 pretzel sticks
- fresh flat-leaf parsley
- assorted crackers for serving
- Add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar cheese, roasted red peppers, green onions, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper to a medium bowl. Mix together with a wooden spoon until evenly combined. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and chill for about an hour.
- Add your selected coatings* to small plates. I’m using crushed Nacho Cheese Doritos, paprika, and black sesame seeds. Use a tablespoon measuring scoop to get a portion of the cheese mixture. Roll into a ball and set on a plate. Continue until all of the cheese mixture is rolled into balls.
- Roll each of the balls in one of your prepared coatings and set aside.
- Use a wooden skewer to make marks up the side of each ball and across the top to achieve a pumpkin look. Place half of a pretzel stick into the top center of each mini cheese ball, then garnish with a small leaf of parsley.
- Refrigerate until you’re ready to serve.
* You can use as many or as little coatings as you’d like. I used three to create a little texture and color interest. If you’re selecting only one, my preference would be the Nacho Cheese Doritos as it adds great flavor and the perfect pumpkin color. To crush the Doritos, add them to a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin until you achieve a fine crumb.