Pumpkin Whipped Feta Dip
This pumpkin whipped feta is paired with honey, walnuts, and fresh thyme. The recipe can be made in advance, with an option to serve as crostini. It’s a delicious and easy-to-make appetizer that your guests will love!
Diet Gluten Free, Vegetarian
Prep Time 15minutes minutes
Chill 30minutes minutes
Total Time 45minutes minutes
- Approx. 8 oz feta cheese (around 220 grams)
- 1/2 cup plain greek yogurt (use a higher fat option for less tartness) (benefits of Greek yogurt)
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree (unsweetened)
- 1 Tbsp honey (or more, to desired sweetness)
- Fresh thyme (can use dried, if needed)
- Chopped walnuts (raw or toasted)
- Extra honey drizzle
- Crusty bread (like sourdough or baguette) (toasted)
- Raw veggies
- Make whipped feta by adding the feta cheese and greek yogurt to a food processor. Blend ingredients together for a few minutes until smooth, scraping down with a spatula as needed.
- Add pumpkin puree and honey to the food processor. Blend again until all ingredients are combined.
- Transfer whipped feta to the fridge and chill (covered) for 30-60 minutes.
- When you’re ready to serve this recipe, transfer the whipped feta to a large bowl. Garnish with a handful of chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of fresh thyme, and an extra drizzle of honey.
- Serve with crusty/toasted bread, crackers, or raw veggies for dipping. Enjoy!
- If you’re making this recipe for a party, you can make the pumpkin whipped feta in advance (I’d say up to a day before!) Prepare the bread/dipping vehicles and add any toppings right before serving for optimal freshness.
- Be sure to chill the dip at least 30-60 minutes before serving. This will help to firm up the dip!
- You can serve this recipe as a dip (as pictured) OR you can serve it as crostini! If you’d prefer making crostini, simply slice up a baguette, toast the bread in the oven, spread whipped feta on each slice, and top with walnuts, fresh thyme, and a drizzle of honey.
*GLUTEN-FREE VERSION: The dip is naturally gluten-free, so you simply need to serve this with gluten-free crackers or bread.
*LEFTOVERS: Leftovers will keep for a few days in airtight containers in the fridge. They taste great spread onto a sandwich or enjoyed as a dip for a snack 😉
Author Carrie Walder