cappuccino french toast with coffee cream
Yes. Cappuccino French Toasts. Aka Milky Coffee soaked French Toasts stuffed with Melted Chocolate; topped with a Coffee Cream and dusted with Chocolate Dusting Powder!
- 8 thick slices of bread , halved
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup low fat/skim milk (or almond milk)
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (dry powder)
- 2 tablespoons sugar or natural sweetener of choice
- 45 g | 1 1/2oz (about 1/3 cup) milk or dark chocolate (chips, melts or squares)
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) light thickened/whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon icing/confectioners sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee (dry powder)
- Chocolate Dusting Powder
- Whisk together the coffee, sugar and milk in a jug. Add the eggs and whisk again until well combined. Pour the mixture into a 9×13-inch shallow dish. Add 8 bread halves into the egg wash; divide the chocolate amongst the bread pieces and top each piece with remaining bread to make 8 sandwich halves. Leave to soak for 5 minutes on one side, then flip and soak for a further 5 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan, skillet or griddle with a light coating of butter. When hot, cook the french toast in batches until browned on both sides, cooked through and chocolate has melted in the centre.
- Meanwhile, make your coffee cream:
- Combine the cream, coffee and sugar in a medium sized bowl; beat on medium – high speed until cream begins to thicken. (Continue beating to make a whipped cream, or leave as a thinner cream to suit your tastes).
- To serve, drizzle french toasts with coffee cream; top with a scoop of ice cream (optional), and sprinkle with chocolate dusting powder.
By Cafe Delites