Baked Sea Scallops
Baked Sea Scallops are a sophisticated seafood and surprisingly easy to make at home! The process is low effort and foolproof while simple seasonings and aromatics provide each scallop with plenty of zing.
These Baked Sea Scallops are a simple yet elegant meal with a fantastic flavor. Before going into the oven, the scallops are drizzled with garlic chili oil, then baked until they’re tender and buttery.
- 6-8 jumbo sea scallops
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves freshly pressed (minced will work!)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh dill garnishing
- Pre-heat oven to 400F degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. You can usebaking shells, or simply place the scallops directly on the baking sheet.
- In a small glass bowl whisk the oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Using a spoon, distribute the garlicky oil sauce equally over the scallops.
- Bake for 20 minutes. You may broil for an additional 2 minutes to get the golden brown tops, but that’s entirely up to you. The scallops are fully cooked in 20 minutes.
- When done, add a splash of fresh lemon juice and garnish with dill.
- If any of the tiny muscle is still attached to the scallops, pinch and pull it away from the “body” to remove it.
- Let the scallops bake undisturbed so the surfaces develop a crispy, golden brown, buttery crust.
- Keep an eye on the oven. Overcooked scallops aren’t forgiving and become tough and chewy.